Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Halyomorpha halys wings covered in oil - help!

Stink bug
Stink bug  
I have a guest "stink bug" hanging out in a window, over the kitchen sink this winter, in Maine.  S/he fell into the sink the other day, getting oil-covered wings from some olive oil that was sitting in a pan, and is now unable to fly.  I'm curious if there is anything I can do to help clean the wings?  I am also wondering if I can offer any food at all, as I'm thinking this little critter might be slow and wobbly from not having a food source in the house - when s/he would normally be more dormant somewhere colder?  S/he came out of a plant I brought in for the winter and hasn't been receptive to pine cones, syrup or needles I've brought in...s/he was zooming around at first, actively crawling around and flying before the oil incident.  Any ideas?  

That's not a stink bug. I can't see all the characters clearly but it looks like an assassin bug (Reduviidae). Assassin bugs are predators and can inflict a very painful bite if handled carelessly. I'd be careful with this one. As far as cleaning the oil off I'm sorry but I don't have any good ideas.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions in any area of entomology (study of insects, spiders, mites, ticks, and other terrestrial arthropods). Contact me about home and garden insects, insects that bite and sting, and insects that damage homes such as carpenter ants and termites.

20 years as university extension entomologist, now retired; currently publish a website about home and garden insects.

Ph.D. in Entomology