Entomology (Study of Bugs)/bug

I Live in Thousand Oaks, Calif. 91361. I found it in a fabric chair and in my bed. In the house. Thank you, Sol

I have to be cautious in making this assertion, but I suspect the insects are "kissing bugs," or "blood-sucking conenose" bugs, Triatoma sp.  Here is a blog post I did about them:

I would recommend collecting intact specimens and taking them to a local entomologist at a university, natural history museum, or even the public health department (vector control division will have at least one staff entomologist), and then he or she can put them under magnification and tell you decisively what they are.

If they *are* Triatoma , then the health department probably wants to know anyway.

Please let *me* know the outcome, if you would.  Thank you, and good luck.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for AllExperts.com, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.