Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Bug found on my bed?!

Question
Earing for size
Earing for size  

Bug
Bug  
I found this crawling on my bed.  When I turned it over it curled up like a pill bug almost then spread out to flip itself over.  In one picture it is next to my earing for sizing.  I don't think it is a bed bug but I'm not sure what it is.  Thank you!!

Answer
Hi Liz,

Thanks for the question and the photos. Unfortunately, the photos are too small to see any detail so I cannot give you a confident identification. I know it can be difficult to get a good photo of something so small! However, I suspect you might have carpet beetles.

You can see a photo of a carpet beetle larva here, as well as some good information: http://bugeric.blogspot.com/2014/10/carpet-beetles-genus-anthrenus.html

Here are some images of bedbugs, but it doesn't look like a bed bug to me from the photos you provided: http://bugguide.net/node/view/15475

Please let me know if it doesn't look like a carpet beetle larva, or if you'd like to send another photo!

Best,
Jessica

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jessica Mellinger