Entomology (Study of Bugs)/chiggers in home

You indicate that chigger do not get into and live in a home. Why then have we been living with them for three months. We know they are chiggers because we use a magnifier and see them. We have used everything recommended to us to kill them but have been unsuccessful.

You are correct that chiggers do not infest homes. Can you post a photo of what you are seeing? You may be able to take a photo through the magnifier. Here's a drawing of a chigger for comparison http://www.livingwithbugs.com/chigger.html.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions in any area of entomology (study of insects, spiders, mites, ticks, and other terrestrial arthropods). Contact me about home and garden insects, insects that bite and sting, and insects that damage homes such as carpenter ants and termites.

20 years as university extension entomologist, now retired; currently publish a website about home and garden insects.

see www.livingwithbugs.com/resume.html

Ph.D. in Entomology