Entomology (Study of Bugs)/chiggers in home

Question
You indicate that chigger do not get into and live in a home. Why then have we been living with them for three months. We know they are chiggers because we use a magnifier and see them. We have used everything recommended to us to kill them but have been unsuccessful.

Answer
Frances,

You are correct that chiggers do not infest homes. Can you post a photo of what you are seeing? You may be able to take a photo through the magnifier. Here's a drawing of a chigger for comparison http://www.livingwithbugs.com/chigger.html.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis