Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Kissing Bug?

Question
Kissing bug?
Kissing bug?  

I've posted on other boards here recently and I'm at a loss to find out what bug is making my dog and myself sick.  I so far have black flies, book louse , silverfish, and the friendly bro bug.  However my symptoms are still not explained.  I remembered taking a picture of this scary bug a few weeks back right outside my door.  Would you mind identifying it for me?  Also, if you are so inclined A overall opinion on my bug photos for advice?  

I live in Killeen, TX. Just recently moved from big house to crsppy older apartments with rock walls and lots if leaky water pipes and sewage.  The pigeons best right outside my bedroom window sand they are constantly picking at eachother fir mites I think? Both my dogs and I always feel like we have something in our ears.  They both have had ear infections as have I and it feels like little nymphs on my ear.  Anyways. I'm really wanting to know if this is a kissing bug?  Might explain my Dr. Diagnosing me with a cyst in my eye and my skin discoloration on my arm.

Thanks a ton,

M

Answer
Dear Mary - The insect in your image is a leaf-footed bug (family Coreidae), see http://tinyurl.com/qxbytu8 for some examples. The vast majority of these are plant feeders (some being serious garden pests); a few occasionally may feed on other insects. They all are harmless to humans.
 When taking pictures of insects and other small arthropods, sharp focus is of primary importance. Too often, 'point and shoot' cameras will focus on the background rather than the subject when the subject is quite small relative to the overall image area. Then, try to get clear images of the top (dorsal), bottom (ventral) and side (lateral) aspects of the subject, so that all legs, antennae, and wings (if present) can be seen. If for any reason you can only obtain one image, the dorsal aspect is best.

Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad