Entomology (Study of Bugs)/potentially a bridge orbweaver/gray cross spider

pic is from dallas texas near white rock lake. it weaves its web at night and is not obviously present during the day. the spider has grown quite a bit in the last wek and we were wandering what kind of spider it is... my guess is a version of the gray cross family,, but I cant find much about these in the dallas area... if you can help identify, id appreciate it!

The images are not clear enough for me to recognize beyond family-level.  This is definitely an orbweaver, family Araneidae, but beyond that I'm not sure.

I am leaning toward Araneus , though, definitely *not* Larinioides .

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.