Entomology (Study of Bugs)/potentially a bridge orbweaver/gray cross spider

Question
sp1
sp1  

sp2
sp2  
pic is from dallas texas near white rock lake. it weaves its web at night and is not obviously present during the day. the spider has grown quite a bit in the last wek and we were wandering what kind of spider it is... my guess is a version of the gray cross family,, but I cant find much about these in the dallas area... if you can help identify, id appreciate it!
rees

Answer
Rees:

The images are not clear enough for me to recognize beyond family-level.  This is definitely an orbweaver, family Araneidae, but beyond that I'm not sure.

I am leaning toward Araneus , though, definitely *not* Larinioides .

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton