Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Bug or Spider Identification

Question
The bite
The bite  

Spider or bug
Spider or bug  
Hi
Recently I saw this insect in my basement and when I approached it
It jumped straight into the air
Then recently I saw one in my bedroom and went to dispose of it but it got away and the next morning I got this bite
I thought it was a jumping spider but I only see 6 legs and it has antenna
Can you help to identify

Answer
Dear Mike - Your critter is a harmless orthopteran insect in the family Rhaphidophoridae - see http://tinyurl.com/qfmo59k for detailed information. Commonly known as cave crickets or camel crickets, they usually are found in dark, damp places such as caves or basements. Some people also call then 'sprickets' because they seem to resemble a cross between a spider and a cricket. It would not be responsible for your 'bite' (there are several other causes for skin lesions that may resemble insect/spider bites).

Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad