Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Identification Of These 2 Insects Again

1st Insect
1st Insect  

2nd Insect
2nd Insect  
Hello there, I am from India. Previously i have asked you question regarding the insect i want top know but because of some email issue. I was not able to receive your answer as I typed a wrong email. I am again asking you question but now of 2 insects. I was in forests of Jim Corbett ( ), in Uttarakhand, India, and i saw this insect on wooden board. I am very curious in knowing the names of different insects and their species, etc. The other insect I saw in Manesar ( ),in Gurgoan, India. It was on a stone. I also want to know its name and species. I hope you will answer again. I will be very thankful if you will do so. And yes please tell me if these insects are poisinous or not. Greetings from India.  

The first insect with the white patches is a long horned beetle and I suspect it is the Asian Long Horned Beetle I can't tell you the species but the Genus is Anoplaphora. It is a harmless tree pest
The second with the orange stripes is a Blister Beetle They contain a strong skinn irritand called Cantharidin, I can only tell you the Family whch is Meloidae

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ