Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Insect

Question
 Top of insect
Top of insect  

Underside of insect
Underside of insect  
Hi jack,

I found an insect crawling on the wall of my first floor in my house in Staten Island, New York. About a week later, I found the same type of insect around the same area. I've lived in the house for about 2 yrs now and I don't believe I've ever seen this insect before. Can you please identify from the images I've attached ... And any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Answer
Nick,

These are the larvae of carpet beetles, see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/carpet_beetle.html for pictures of the larvae and adults. The larvae infest a wide variety of stored foods, including dry pet food. Also, see the page cites above for control options.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis