Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Insect on wall

Question
Top of insect
Top of insect  

Underside of insect
Underside of insect  
Hi Walter,

I found an insect crawling on the wall of my first floor in my house in Staten Island, New York. About a week later, I found the same type of insect around the same area. I've lived in the house for about 2 yrs now and I don't believe I've ever seen this insect before. Can you please identify from the images I've attached ... And any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Answer
Hi Nick
These are the larvae of dermestid beetles , possibly carpet beetles or they may be kitchen peste/ Check all opened dried foods in your cupboards. Also check your carpets and upholstery and look for adults. Adult carpet beetles are rounded with a pattern on the back. Kitchen pests are brown and elongated. You may or may not have an infestation

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz