Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Unknown Spider

Hi! I was trying to do some web research to ID this guy, but to no avail.  Seemed like it had characteristics of sac or ground spider.  Assuming it's a mygalomorph based on the fangs in the pics.
Found in the afternoon near a home in Ben Lomond, CA in early November 2015.
It wasn't particularly skittish, but would walk to various parts of the log it was on as I held the log.
Seemed like it wanted to be in the shade more than the light--not sure about that.
No associated web that I could find.
Thank you so much for any additional info about this specimen.  I see them once in a while and would love to put a name to them.

Nice pictures, thank you for including those with your question.

The spider is one of the hacklemesh weavers in the family Amaurobiidae, pretty sure, though there is also Metaltella simoni in the Amphinectidae that is very similar.

You'd probably have to collect the specimen and take it to a local arachnologist so that he or she can look at it under a microscope.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for AllExperts.com, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.