Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Unknown Spider

Question
Spider1
Spider1  

Spider2
Spider2  
Hi! I was trying to do some web research to ID this guy, but to no avail.  Seemed like it had characteristics of sac or ground spider.  Assuming it's a mygalomorph based on the fangs in the pics.
Found in the afternoon near a home in Ben Lomond, CA in early November 2015.
It wasn't particularly skittish, but would walk to various parts of the log it was on as I held the log.
Seemed like it wanted to be in the shade more than the light--not sure about that.
No associated web that I could find.
Thank you so much for any additional info about this specimen.  I see them once in a while and would love to put a name to them.

Answer
Paul:

Nice pictures, thank you for including those with your question.

The spider is one of the hacklemesh weavers in the family Amaurobiidae, pretty sure, though there is also Metaltella simoni in the Amphinectidae that is very similar.

You'd probably have to collect the specimen and take it to a local arachnologist so that he or she can look at it under a microscope.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton