Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Bug?

I found this in my bed this morning and I was wondering what it is?  Do I need to do something about it? Will it bite? etc

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, Jessie:

Thanks for including the nice image with your question.  This is an adult "carpet beetle" in the genus Anthrenus .  With your permission, I'd like to use this image in a blog post I have already published about these insects.  Here's the post, with more information about them. You can see my images aren't the greatest, and yours depicts a more common species, actually.

No, the beetles do not bite.  Be on the lookout for the larvae, as they can be a pest in stored products like dry pet food, cured meats, taxidermy mounts, wool blankets and garments, silks, furs, and other animal-based products.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for AllExperts.com, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.