Entomology (Study of Bugs)/egg sack

Question
I ordered praying mantis egg sacks for my son's class.  They were delivered in the mail yesterday and I was not aware of it as they should have been delivered to my door. They were out in the mailbox overnight with below zero temperatures.  Are they able to handle these kind of cold temperatures?  Thank you for your input.

Answer
Heather:

They should be fine, as the eggs are encased in a foam-like substance that the female secretes to insulate the eggs from just these kinds of conditions.

That said, the supplier should have given an approximate window of when to expect them to emerge, and/or a guarantee for any egg cases that do not hatch.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton