Entomology (Study of Bugs)/flatbrown bugs

Question
QUESTION: We have a inside door which has many little windows on it.we have found on the door around the windows and under the hinges groups of little flat brown bugs which look likes a bedbug.we have search the intire room but the door is the only place we have found them.could they be a bedbug or something else.we live in marshalltown iowa

ANSWER: Dear Dorothy - Although I believe that it is unlikely that your 'door guests' would be bed bugs, I really need to see an image of one or more of then in order to make a determination. Could you please try taking a clear, close-up photo or two and attach that to a follow-up question?

Waiting to hear back,
Saugy

flat brown bug
flat brown bug  
QUESTION: I thank you very much for getting back to me so quickly,i have tryed to attach a picture of one for you,i do hope it goes through,i did last night spray a flea and tick spray and this morning found only dead ones,but still would like to know what they are,again thank you for getting back to me so quickly

Answer
Dear Dorothy - About all that I can tell you from your image is that it is some kind of true bug (order Hemiptera; suborder Heteroptera) and not a tick. I'm including a link to some very comprehensive information on bed bugs, just in case that you might have those - see http://tinyurl.com/kv7j744. I still find it unusual in that if you do have bed bugs that you would only find them around a door.

Hope this helps,
Saugy  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad