Entomology (Study of Bugs)/what is this little black bug

Question
little black bug
little black bug  

little black bug
little black bug  
What kind of little black bug is this they seem to be coming out of ceiling And out from under the base board they are in groups of 2

Answer
Tammy:

Thank you for including the images with your question.

I wish I had better news, but those are clearly "king" and "queen" termites, looking for a place to set up housekeeping.

You should try and determine where they have come from.  These are likely subterranean termites that live in the soil, but consume wood as food.  So, any nest is going to be underground, but you need to know if that poses a threat to your home.  I would recommend getting a termite inspection, just to be safe.

Hope this is one of those "false alarms."

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton