Entomology (Study of Bugs)/what is this little black bug

little black bug
little black bug  

little black bug
little black bug  
What kind of little black bug is this they seem to be coming out of ceiling And out from under the base board they are in groups of 2

Thank you for including the images with your question.

I wish I had better news, but those are clearly "king" and "queen" termites, looking for a place to set up housekeeping.

You should try and determine where they have come from.  These are likely subterranean termites that live in the soil, but consume wood as food.  So, any nest is going to be underground, but you need to know if that poses a threat to your home.  I would recommend getting a termite inspection, just to be safe.

Hope this is one of those "false alarms."

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.