Entomology (Study of Bugs)/unknown insect/bite

Question
insect1
insect1  

insect2
insect2  
Hello,  I had an insect bite/sting me at work earlier on my thumb,  it hurt really bad,  almost felt like a cigarette put out on my thumb.  I was trying to find out information on the insect if possible and if there might be any adverse effects from its bite.  I  have included pictures of the insect.  If you could provide any information it would be appreciated.

Answer
This is an assassin bug (Hemiptera/Heteroptera: Reduviidae) in the genus Zelus.  Like most assassin bugs, they have a very painful 'bite' (actually more of a stab) as their saliva contains proteolytic enzymes that break down the tissues of their prey, which they then suck up through their beak. In humans, this results in the death of a small area of cells at the site of the bite, accompanied by an intense burning sensation, often followed by a small, itchy lump that may persist for several days. See http://tinyurl.com/nncsxez for more detailed information on these insects.
Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad