Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Why is she so happy and content

Question
Today I rescued a ladybug that fell off of my Venetian blind in my living room.  When I put her in my room between the outside screen and the window she refused to stay there trying to get away but she kept turning over.  When I picked her up she was full of life on my finger, but every time I put her down on the sill even inside she kept turning over.  

Then I took part of a rag and put her in the middle of it and turned up the outer part like a wall. She is so content, do you know why?

One more thing, one of her wings remained outside until I put her in the rag now it looks like the wing went back inside.

Answer
Dear Debbie - First off, I do not believe that it is possible to tell whether any insect is 'happy' or 'content', as we have no way of knowing how they perceive their environment in any neurological context. If by 'content' you mean that the beetle had ceased movement, that simply could mean that it either was not receiving any stimuli that would trigger movement or that it had become exhausted and needed to rest. As for the wing you observed, beetles usually have to fold their flight wings one at a time, so it is not at all unusual to see them with one wing seeming to protrude from under its wing covers (elytra).

Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad