Entomology (Study of Bugs)/House bettle??

I would like to know what kind of bug this is?
They're all over the house!! And are they harmful?

Hello Vita,

You have weevils.They need stored products, like grains or nuts, to eat and for the juveniles to grow. They aren't harmful to humans (they don't bite, etc), but they do get into pantries and get into food storages. If you find what food they are living off of, you should be able to eliminate the problem. Make sure products like rice and corn are stored in airtight containers. They lay eggs in these products, where the youngsters grow up, so if any of your pantry items looks unusual, throw them out. Thanks for sending great photos--this is important for an identification. Good luck with the weevils and let me know if you have any more questions.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jessica Mellinger

I can answer questions about invertebrates native to California, including insects commonly found in homes. If you have an identification request, please attach a photo to your question.

I was involved in collection and identification of invertebrates for the United States Geological Survey, Biological Resources Division for six years. Also, I provided these same services intermittently for the UC Davis John Muir Institute of the Environment for many years. I have been a member of AllExperts.com since 2009.

Department of the Interior: United States Geological Survey, Davis Field Station; University of California, Davis Aggie Alumni Association; UC Davis Center for Neuroscience; U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs

I have two B.A.'s from the University of California, Davis and two Associate's degrees from Sacramento City College.

Special Thanks for Achieving Results award from the Department of the Interior