Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Can not identify this bug

Question
Bug
Bug  
Hello! I saw this pesky bug crawling on my arm and it concerned me. I'm not sure what it is and if there could be more. It is very small, the shape of a lady bug, but smaller. It appeared brown with white spots. Thank you for your time and help!

Answer
Emily:

Thank you for including the image with your question, though it was clear to me from your description what you were talking about.

This is a carpet beetle.  Easily 80% of the questions I receive are about these insects.  Here is a blog post I wrote about them that should answer most of your questions:

http://bugeric.blogspot.com/2014/10/carpet-beetles-genus-anthrenus.html

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton