Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Another Ladybug question

Question
Today I rescued a ladybug that fell off of my Venetian blind in my living room.  When I put her in my room between the outside screen and the window she refused to stay there trying to get away but she kept turning over.  When I picked her up she was full of life on my finger, but every time I put her down on the sill even inside she kept turning over.  

Then I took part of a rag and put her in the middle of it and turned up the outer part like a wall. She is so content, do you know why?

One more thing, one of her wings remained outside until I put her in the rag now it looks like the wing went back inside.

Answer
Debbie:

Lady beetles can always right themselves by opening their wing covers and using them for leverage to turn back over and onto their feet.  They are convex and slippery so they can get out of a predator's grasp.  How they land is relatively irrelevant after that.

Lady beetles that are overwintering like snug, tight spots, including rubbing up against others of their kind.  I'm sure it gives them a sense of security and also insulates them better from the elements.

Yes, they can tuck their wings in at will, unless they have some kind of injury.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton