Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Ladybugs

Question
I had five ladybugs inside my apt, however, if I kept them inside the apt in a corner of a window and my mom found them she would kill them. I didnt really want to put them outside due to the fact I am afraid they would either die from the cold nights and/or be eaten, so I put them in between the window screen and the glass window and covered them with a tissue.  So they are inside the apt but not directly in my bedroom.

My question: Can the tissue keep them warm?

Answer
Hi, Debbie:

Insects are incredibly durable, and your lady beetles (not "bugs") would likely survive with or without the tissue.  Still, that is a kind gesture.

Second, chances are the beetles are the non-native Multicolored Asian Lady Beetle, Harmonia axyridis , and they really don't belong here anyway. It is nice to be kind to animals, but some are what we call "invasive species," and they can do more harm than good.

Anyway, I would not worry much about them.  They are built to withstand harsh weather, certainly much more than *I* can tolerate!

Sincerely,

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton