Entomology (Study of Bugs)/microscopic bug


I live in suburbs of Reading, pa house my house has been invaded by some sort of microscopic  bugs. This began 10 years ago & continues til today. I was wondering where i can have a test to identify them? And where?


The Extension service at Penn State University (extension.org) is the best place to start. Contact your county Extension office and they will get you in touch with the university folks. Also, here's a list of insects and mites that bite people http://www.livingwithbugs.com/unknown_bug_bites.html that you may want to look over.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jack DeAngelis


I can answer questions in any area of entomology (study of insects, spiders, mites, ticks, and other terrestrial arthropods). Contact me about home and garden insects, insects that bite and sting, and insects that damage homes such as carpenter ants and termites.


20 years as university extension entomologist, now retired; currently publish a website about home and garden insects.

see www.livingwithbugs.com/resume.html

Ph.D. in Entomology

©2017 About.com. All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]