Entomology (Study of Bugs)/red little larvae

I often find this weird little long larva on my bed. I guess they are falling from the ceiling. I dont have moths or any other flying insects. My appartment has wooden floor and my bedroom has one wall with baseboard (maybe theyre coming from the wood?).
The insect has black head and pincers at the end. I really have no idea where they re coming from.
Thank you
Good day

Dear Lucia - These are larvae of a beetle in the family Melyridae, possible that of a scarlet malachite beetle (Malachius aeneus). These appear to be beneficial predators on other small insects - see ttp://tinyurl.com/khegf6s for images and more information.

Hope this helps,

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad

Will accept most questions in general entomology, including those related to medical entomology, taxonomy, ecology, arthropod surveillance, and pest management. If you are requesting a 'mystery bug' identification, PLEASE either attach an image to your question, or post an image on a web page (such as Flickr) so that I can look at it, as verbal descriptions frequently are insufficient for a definitive identification.

21 years in the U.S. Army as a medical entomologist; duties varied from surveillance of pest populations (including mosquitoes, cockroaches, ticks, and stored products pests) to conducting research on mosquito-virus ecological relationships and mosquito faunal studies. Ten years as a civilian analyst for the Department of Defense, primarily on distribution of vector-borne diseases worldwide. Limited experience on surveillance of agricultural insects in North Dakota and Indiana.

Entomological Society of America, West Virginia Entomological Society, Society for Vector Ecology, National Speleological Society, West Virginia Association for Cave Studies.

American Journal of Public Health, Contributions of the American Entomological Institute, Japanese Journal of Sanitary Zoology, Journal of Economic Entomology, Mosquito News, and Mosquito Systematics.

B.S. in entomology from North Dakota State University in 1963, M.S. in entomology from Purdue University in 1967.