Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Springtail inside and outside

Question
QUESTION: Hi
My house has a lot of springtails.  More are at outside crawling on the driveway and wall.  No matter what I do and it does not go away.  I put Bifen Granules outside and spray insecticide and no use.  I also spray soap and bleach but no help.

They follow us to go inside when we park our car at the garage driveway. In the bathromm downstair there are a lot.  I put a yellow sticky pad around the edge of bathroom, and it picks a lot.
I did not see my yard is wet, it is very dry and my inside house has 50% humidity.  I used dehumidifier to bring the humid down to 40-45%.

I did not see springtails in our neighbor houses.

These springtail make me feel itchy as it crawls on my body.
Can you help us?

Thanks!

Tim

ANSWER: Tim,

Can you post a picture of the springtails? I want to be certain we are talking about the same insects (see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/springtails.html for pictures and a description).

Jack DeAngelis

springtails_1
springtails_1  

springtails_2
springtails_2  
QUESTION: Pictures of springtails in yellow sticker.

Answer
The images are a bit too blurry to be certain but the shape and size are correct for springtails. Besides very wet conditions, springtails will sometimes enter homes because it is too dry outside. In either case insecticides won't work very well unless you can determine where they are entering.The best option is to remove any debris around the house as this will discourage them from get too close. Those inside the house can be swept up, they are completely harmless. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis