Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Can the tissue keep them warm

Question
I had five ladybugs inside my apt, however, if I kept them inside the apt in a corner of a window and my mom found them she would kill them. I didnt really want to put them outside due to the fact I am afraid they would either die from the cold nights and/or be eaten, so I put them in between the window screen and the glass window and covered them with a tissue.  So they are inside the apt but not directly in my bedroom.

My question: Can the tissue keep them warm?

Answer
Hi Debbie
Your concern for the protection of ladybugs is commendable. Ladybugs  seek shelter from the cold during the winter. Most of them do not get into houses but find shelter out of doors and survive. Some of them do not. Your tissue might protect them nut O cannot be sure. Why not conceal someplace out of sight in your room.
 Meanwhile try to convince Mom that some insects are beneficial and killing them is of no benefit. (Without admitting your possesion of ladybugs, of course)

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz