Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Brown Spider

Question
Spider 1
Spider 1  

Spider 2
Spider 2  
Do all Brown Recluse spiders have the fiddle on their back?  I have what I believe are Brown Spiders with blue grey abdomen and a pale tan cephalothorax.   I have one caught but it is difficult to get a good photo but one is attached
I have zero spider webs in the house but I believe they are up in the area between the roof and the ceiling.
Thanks,
Tom

Answer
Thomas:

Thank you for including the images with your question.

This is *not*, repeat NOT, a Brown Recluse.  The arrangement of the eyes, and the shape of the spinnerets are vastly different from a recluse spider.

Your spider is one of the ground spiders in the family Gnaphosidae:

http://bugguide.net/node/view/1970

None of the U.S. species in this family is dangerously venomous to the average, healthy human or pet.  These spiders hunt on foot and do not spin webs.  They occasionally spin silken retreats where they wait out inclement weather, molt, or lay egg sacs.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton