Entomology (Study of Bugs)/bug identification please

Question
1
1  

2nd photo
2nd photo  
Hello. Just spotted this bug right now. It is Tuesday,  April 28, 2015. I live in Northern Delaware.  I spotted this in my bedroom,  dead, next to a cracked window. I think I've seen more of them in the past. If I remember correctly,  one near the kitchen window and another near the kitchen sliding door. Not sure if they are baby house flies, nats, or what, but last summer we had a bit of a house fly problem and we couldn't figure out how or where they're coming from. Again,  just wanted to know what it is and if we should do something about it.  Thanks in advance.
Serenity

Answer
Hi Serenity,

Thanks for the question and the very clear photos. Don't worry-- it is not a house fly. It is an ant. Ants can be house pests too, so if you start to see a lot of them, I recommend putting out some ant baits. Raid makes good ant baits.

Best,
Jessica

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jessica Mellinger