Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Conifer seed bug Pet

Question
Fabio
Fabio  

Fabio 2
Fabio 2  
Hello and nice to meet you..After  long cold winter we found a western conifer seed bug on a palm plant in my house now he is caged and my Pet.   After some investagation, trial and error my friend is loving beetle jelly very very frequently and i spray his tank at different intervals with water.  Since i think he has been alive since last winter i want to know a few things  or just general input  and kost important how long do you
you think he is going to live as he is now my buddy, sleeping, eatting, resting androaming daily. His tank is 8x5x6 and he looks happy

Answer
Dominic:

I wish you the best of luck with this insect, but generally they don't live longer than 12 months.  I would imagine that without exposure to the environment, predators and parasites, it may last longer.  These insects have only 2 modes:  feeding and reproduction.  They don't sleep.

I have nothing to say about keeping it as a "pet" because these aren't usually kept as pets.

Bugs don't have emotions or feelings, so if it looks happy to you, that's great!  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Nathan Riggs