Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Can you please help to identify?

I found this bug in the bed of new born only 24 hours after we were back to home in the middle of the afternoon. Her bed is near the window and quite new. What does it looks like according to you? It's the only picture I have...

Thanks for including the image, however vague.  It is clear enough to determine it is not a bed bug, which is what I think you might have feared.

This is an adult carpet beetle in the genus Anthrenus .  Here is a blog post I wrote about them:

That should answer all your questions, but please feel free to ask a follow-up question here if need be.

Have a great day!

QUESTION: Thanks a lot, it seems a lot like the one you identified. But what tells you that it can't be a bed bug? Which I obviously was afraid of?! It' s also strange to have a carpet bug in a bed since I don't have any carpet in my house?!

Did you read my blog post?  It tells what carpet beetles eat, and it is *not* carpet.

I can't easily explain why I could tell it wasn't a bed bug, but here is my post on bed bugs:

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.