Entomology (Study of Bugs)/scorpion

Question
scorpion
scorpion  
I live in the Las Vegas area and have been eliminating these scorpions around my yard and house for a while (have only had 3 or 4 inside the house). I was curious about the specific scorpion as I have heard that the Arizona bark scorpion is particularly dangerous. This photo may be a little difficult after I hit it with the flyswatter. Is this a bark scorpion? If it is, is it true that they are the only scorpions that climb vertical surfaces? I have heard that scorpions are hard to control. Is there any preferred way to control/eliminate them? Is diatomaceous earth a practical control method? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Norval

Answer
It does have the pattern of the Bark scorpion but others have the same pattern. Without examining it up close I cannot confirm that it is. Bark scorpions are an invasive species common in Vegas and they do have a painful sting.
Diatomacious earth would most liklely be effective on scorpions

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz