Entomology (Study of Bugs)/what bit me?

bug 1
bug 1  
: My friend lives in a apartment I  Toronto. She does own snakes and sugar gliders. These little bugs started to bite her not sure where there from or how to get rid of them
thank you for your help

Hopefulynthe picture will work

Ah, much better.  I got one picture with two insects shown....

These are both beetles, and I strongly suspect they are normally "outdoor" insects that simply came in through an open window or door, probably attracted to lights at night.

The black, bullet-shaped one is a click beetle, family Elateridae.  They are definitely outdoor insects.  They are not pests, but the larvae of some species can infest root crops like potatoes.  The larvae are "wireworms."

The other beetle is at an awkward angle and I can't tell you exactly what it is.  I do not recognize *either* as something that would bite.  She may have problems with some other kind of insect, or a mite.

Thank you for your persistence, glad I could get the image the second time!

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for AllExperts.com, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.