Entomology (Study of Bugs)/bug?

bug  bite
bug bite  
hello again while my friend was at home she was bitten by this bug. as well as her dog. What is it? How does she get rid of them?

Thank you for including an image with your question.

The insect is called the Larder Beetle, Dermestes lardarius .  Here is a blog post I did on this species:

The above link also includes links to other online resources if the blog post alone doesn't answer all your questions.  I suspect the dog food is infested....

These beetles do not bite, so I am not sure what is going on with that issue.  Certainly, if they did bite, in self-defense, it would be of no consequence to the health of a human or pet.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for AllExperts.com, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.