Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Bugs on Bathroom ceiling

tick-like bugs
tick-like bugs  

bed-bug like bug
bed-bug like bug  
We have some bugs on our bathroom ceiling and a few (possible) factors why they may have appeared.

1) we have had some water leaks recently after the harsh winter and it is possible some mold or moisture issues are attracting them.

2) there is a birds nest behind the bathroom wall and recently I had the wall open to repair a hole behind the now removed vanity. I did not remove the birds as I could not see them.

The bugs kind of look like ticks but we aren't sure. They seem to hatch a bunch of eggs and then soon after the bugs appear, grow and move around. I've attached a few photos.

Hi Stuart
These are not ticks but thye appear to be a species of of psocid or a beetle. It is tough to tell from the photos. Psocids feed on fungus spores and bacteria and thrive under moist conditions. I cannot tell you the source.They are harmless.
Wipe them up and dry things out as much as possible

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ