Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Bugs on plant stem

Question
Black bugs
Black bugs  
I just notice that there is a collection of little black insects with a brownish  colored rigid shell on the bottom backside of the insect.

I've noticed that they have just appeared. I'm in Dallas,TX and it has been rainy and humid here.

Answer
Nyla:

I'm confused.  You say that you are in Texas, but the origin of the question appears to be California.

Whatever the case, the insects appear to be nymphs (immatures, juveniles, "babies") of some kind of stink bug in the family Pentatomidae.  Stink bugs are rarely pests.

Not much more I can tell you, it is very difficult to identify insects when they are not in the adult stage.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton