Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Help in identification of catapillar.

Question
Side View
Side View  

Top View
Top View  
Can you please help me to identify this caterpillar and inform me if it will be a butterfly or moth? The picture was taken in East Texas a few days ago. The hair looked more grey/blue but the blue really showed up in the pictures.

Thank you,

Tina

Answer
Hi Tina
I have never seen one of these before and have searched all my sources with no luck. I will keep trying and meanwhile you might ask one of the other experts on the panel. If they can tell you what it is please let me know. If you have a collage biology department nearby that has an entomologist you might show then the photo. I will keep searching.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz