Entomology (Study of Bugs)/what kind of bug is this

Question
what is this
what is this  
I am finding lots of these small bugs around my windows inside. They crawl on the floor and window area, but I think they can fly. They are hard shelled.
What are they and how do I get rid of them??

Answer
Jennie,

This is a beetle but I'd need a clearer picture to id much further. Try using a flashlight or other light source to add a little light to the top surface of the beetle (you may need a helper to hold the light source). Since you are finding "lots" of them they are likely infesting something inside the house such as stored food or dry pet food. Post a follow up if you can get a another image.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis