Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Little Black Hardshell Bugs

Question
bug1
bug1  

bug2
bug2  
Hello,  I have found this bug in my basement and in the bathroom. I usually find them in the laundry basket with my cleaned clothes.  It's slow moving... Can you please tell me what it is? ? Thank you!!#

Answer
Tinka's Mon,

These are beetles but the image is too small to be certain of a more specific id. However, the shape and size are consistant with carpet beetles (see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/carpet_beetle.html for more info). These are very common in homes. Infestations are often associated with some type of stored food such as dry pet food or stored grains. If you can get a closer photo I'd be glad to take another look.

Jack DeAngelis  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis