Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Swarms of bugs in the Central Valley

Question
bug swarm
bug swarm  
Bakersfield and now north of us are swarms of bugs the size of aphids.  They look like baby cockroaches. I donot think they are. The are everywhere. sidewalks, walls, inside the house.  You can not step without stepping on several.

Answer
Hi Michael,

I would like to help you out with this. However, I am having trouble seeing detail in the photo you attached. Could you please tell me if these insects have wings? Do they fly? Where do you find them? Or send another photo if you can get one that is more clear!

Thanks,
Jessica

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jessica Mellinger