Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Black-Orange-White Jumping Spider

Jumping Spider 01_1
Jumping Spider 01_1  

Jumpibg Spider 11
Jumpibg Spider 11  
Evenin Walter,

I live in Homosassa, FL.
I ran across this little jumping spider in my backyard.  The body is black, head had aan orange stripe and the abdomen has a white and orange stripe.  I need the name, scientific name and size.  Thanks

The family Salticidae  consists of up to 5000 species. the colors vary greatly even within in the species. Transverse stripes are unusual. I have searched all of my resources and have not been able to come up with this one. There is a Genus Cosmophasis that has species with tranverse stripes. The body shape however looks like the common jumping spiders of the Genus Phidipus. You may want to check with another entomologist on allexperts.
Please let me know if you can get it identified

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ