Entomology (Study of Bugs)/What is this fuz bug

Question
Fuz bug
Fuz bug  
This was on the rim of my sock Saturday and I felt it prick me or sting me.  I thought it was a cocker bur thingy so I flicked it off.  And it started crawling away!!!  I picked it back up and let it crawl on my hand!!  This is it on top of my cup lid!!  Please let me know what it is!!

Answer
Hi Titia
This is a tough one since the bug has no legs or body parts showing. But I know of only one insect that does this and it is the larva of the Green Lacewing, Chrysoperia carnea. These larva called ant lions have a pair of mandibles capable of pinching you.  Look up ant lions and you can see what they look like without the cover

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz