Entomology (Study of Bugs)/preventing cockroaches from moving with you

Question
I live in a very old apartment building in the basement apartment that has seen better days. I'm moving out in two months to a better place. Anyways, I went on a power cleaning trip in cupboards and closets that needed uncluttered and noticed black specks that look like insect droppings. I freaked out and if it is what I think it is....I don't want to take unwanted visitors to my new apartment. I was ready to throw everything away. What can I do to prevent this?

Answer
THe problem can be transporting roach eggs Deirdre. But roach egg cases are large enough to see.  If you have cleaned up everything you are transporting you should be ok.Be sure you check all opened dried foods.
You did not say that you were troubled with roaches while there

walter

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz