Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Bit By This Flying Insect PLZ help identify it!

Question
mystery fly
mystery fly  
A week ago, laying on The floor in my house I felt a pitching bite on my arm. I got up and ran to the bathroom to see if it was a deer tick on me but it wasn't. I went back into the room to retrieve the insect and this is the fly that I saw. I am mostly concerned because it seems like the bite is infected and spreading. Please help!!!

Answer
Ciara,

I don't think this is a fly at all but rather a true bug (Hemiptera). I can't see enough detail to id further but there are some Hemiptera that bite. However, none leave any last injury. If the bite mark seems to be infected than you may want to see a doctor to be treated with an antibiotic. Like any wound, insect bites can become infected.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis