Entomology (Study of Bugs)/bug ID

QUESTION: I found this bug in my house,  it was the size of a lightning bug and flies.  I live in cleveland oh.   Any idea what it is.  I have two pictures and I can only attach one,  however in both pictures it looks different.   its a reddish brown color with white either legs or antenae.  Not really sure.  Thank you

ANSWER: Stacy,

Unfortunately I can't see much detail in the photo, can you get one that shows the bug (I'm pretty sure it is a true bug, Hemiptera, rather than a beetle) in a little more detail, and lighter? You may need to shine a flashlight on the specimen to get enough light.

Jack DeAngelis

another view
another view  
QUESTION: I killed the bug here is another pic I took,  it looks different in both pics but its the same bug

Still can't see much detail but I'm gonna hazard a guess - the boxwood leaftier moth or something closely related (see http://mothphotographersgroup.msstate.edu/species.php?hodges=5552). This is an odd one since it appears to mimic a leaf-footed bug. They are harmless.

Jack DeAngelis  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis

I can answer questions in any area of entomology (study of insects, spiders, mites, ticks, and other terrestrial arthropods). Contact me about home and garden insects, insects that bite and sting, and insects that damage homes such as carpenter ants and termites.

20 years as university extension entomologist, now retired; currently publish a website about home and garden insects.

see www.livingwithbugs.com/resume.html

Ph.D. in Entomology