Entomology (Study of Bugs)/bug identification please

Question
1
1  

2
2  
Hello,
I live in Northern Delaware.  It's currently day time,  but that doesn't matter because I found this bug, dead, on a carrot that was in the fridge. The carrots are from my mother's garden in Pennsylvania.  I was hoping you can tell me if the bug had a "ball" in the fridge, messing with everything before it died;  or was it brought in dead?  Do I need to throw all the food away? Yuck, so disgusted right now. Thanks in advance.

Answer
Looks like a click beetle.  They can't survive long in refrigerator temperatures.  They don't spread diseases.  Wash off the carrot and eat it.  Don't worry about the other food.  be glad it wasn't something truly icky.  If you have to have a bug in your fridge, this is the right bug to have.  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Sue Kayton