Entomology (Study of Bugs)/bug identification please

Question
top
top  

side
side  
Hello,
Not the first time writing. For some reason I'm paying more attention to bugs now then ever. It's around 11pm. Northern Delaware.  3rd floor, townhouse,  saw this on the stairwell just hanging out and still hanging out. I'm too much of a wuss to kill it or do anything except take pics for you. Is this a ground big. It looks dark brown to black.  About an inch . Thanks in advance.

Answer
This looks to me like a click beetle (Family Elateridae) Serenity.  If you still have it there is a test to tell if it is. Click beetles have a marvelous method to right themselves. Turn it over. If it is a click beetle it will move its legs rapidly and then arch its body and with a snap shoot up in the air.  If it doesn't land on its feet it will keep doing this until it does. You can also look up the Family and see some photos. Anyway it is harmless

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz