Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Bugs in Kitchen

Question
Hello I take care of a lady with dementia And she been having bugs in her kitchen in cabinets on the floor We have tried roach baits , spray To get rid of them Some one told me the plastic grocery bags can cause this  They seem alot more come out at night Little black bugs And big bugs look like Roach or maybe Like a spring tail We keep everything clean and dry and closed up Don't know where the coming from It is disgusting I tried to explain in to her But it hard for her to understand And information would be appreiacited Thank you Carolyn

Answer
Carolyn,

Sounds like the main problem is cockroaches, see http://www.livingwithbugs.com/cockroaches.html for some background about these insects. The best approach is to use baits to control them, sprays should not be used. You may want to hire a pest control company to do the baiting.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis