Entomology (Study of Bugs)/flying insect identification photo

Mich flying insect
Mich flying insect  

Mich flying insect 2
Mich flying insect 2  
Earlier today I sent a description of an insect. I had a second look and saw how to attach a photo.

I see you figured out how to attach images. :-)  Thank you for sharing these!

The wasp is indeed a spider wasp as I had expected.  She is Tachypompilus ferrugineus .  More about her here:

The spider victim is a fishing spider, most likely Dolomedes tenebrosus .  Here is more about *that*:

Thank you again for documenting your observations!  I may share them with a scientist who is doing research on wasps, if that is permissible.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.