Entomology (Study of Bugs)/little black hard shelled beetle looking things

Question
buggies
buggies  
I have come across these little black things the past few days. I always find them solo and in more than just one room. They are always on the floor and haven't found any on window sills, cupboards etc. The shell is hard and shiny and does not have any cilica like hairs/fuzz. It's completely black in color. Any ideas?
I live in Manitou Springs Colorado and the weather has been wet and warm.

Answer
Dear Adrienne - I cannot see enough detail in your  image to do more than guess at its identity. About the only insect having this general appearance that would be of any concern would be a black carpet beetle. If that were the case, you also should be seeing their brownish cigar-shaped larvae as well; see http://tinyurl.com/3jwyyt9 for a fact sheet.
   If you cannot obtain clearer images (ones showing both a dorsal and ventral view would be helpful), I suggest that you take one or more specimens to your county office of Colorado's Cooperative Extension Service (see http://tinyurl.com/nm5vsvl for contact information) for assistance in identification and any needed control advice.
Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad