Entomology (Study of Bugs)/little black hard shelled beetle looking things

I have come across these little black things the past few days. I always find them solo and in more than just one room. They are always on the floor and haven't found any on window sills, cupboards etc. The shell is hard and shiny and does not have any cilica like hairs/fuzz. It's completely black in color. Any ideas?
I live in Manitou Springs Colorado and the weather has been wet and warm.

Dear Adrienne - I cannot see enough detail in your  image to do more than guess at its identity. About the only insect having this general appearance that would be of any concern would be a black carpet beetle. If that were the case, you also should be seeing their brownish cigar-shaped larvae as well; see for a fact sheet.
   If you cannot obtain clearer images (ones showing both a dorsal and ventral view would be helpful), I suggest that you take one or more specimens to your county office of Colorado's Cooperative Extension Service (see for contact information) for assistance in identification and any needed control advice.
Hope this helps,

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad

Will accept most questions in general entomology, including those related to medical entomology, taxonomy, ecology, arthropod surveillance, and pest management. If you are requesting a 'mystery bug' identification, PLEASE either attach an image to your question, or post an image on a web page (such as Flickr) so that I can look at it, as verbal descriptions frequently are insufficient for a definitive identification.

21 years in the U.S. Army as a medical entomologist; duties varied from surveillance of pest populations (including mosquitoes, cockroaches, ticks, and stored products pests) to conducting research on mosquito-virus ecological relationships and mosquito faunal studies. Ten years as a civilian analyst for the Department of Defense, primarily on distribution of vector-borne diseases worldwide. Limited experience on surveillance of agricultural insects in North Dakota and Indiana.

Entomological Society of America, West Virginia Entomological Society, Society for Vector Ecology, National Speleological Society, West Virginia Association for Cave Studies.

American Journal of Public Health, Contributions of the American Entomological Institute, Japanese Journal of Sanitary Zoology, Journal of Economic Entomology, Mosquito News, and Mosquito Systematics.

B.S. in entomology from North Dakota State University in 1963, M.S. in entomology from Purdue University in 1967.