Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Bug ID London

Image 1
Image 1  
Image 2
Image 2  

I spotted some bugs in a couple of my kitchen draws last night. They are black about 2mm have 6 legs and 2 long thin feelers on its head, its body shape is inbetween round and oval. From observing they tend to crawl on a couple of wooden spoons but again I have noticed them crawling on the draw floor and sides too. Also spotted tiny clear/whiteish bugs crawling around I assume they are black bugs babies they move quite fast and very hard to spot due to colouring size of a pin point. I have attached pictures of the main adult bug. Hope you can help. Thankyou.

This certainly resembles an ant but it does not have a typical thread waste that ants have. Perhaps it does not show in the photo. Can you send me another photo?
I cannot tell you what the white bugs are but I am sure they are unrelated to the other insects. I would have to see one of these

Image 3
Image 3  

Image 4
Image 4  
QUESTION: Hi Walter,

Thank you for getting back to me. After emailing yourself I recieved an email from a fellow expert at the natural history museum who identified them as booklice but originating from the trogiidae family and a common species is lepinotus patruelis. I have attached additional images do you think it is booklice as I did once a long time ago have booklice but in a different and the bugs in my kitchen did not really look like booklice. I haven't  managed to take any pictures of the clear/white bugs as they move too fast and are difficult to see to get a shot.

Thank you

I have reexamined the photos and agree that these are Psocids (book lice) The blac colod threw me off. Some species are pale in color so I suspect the fast one are also psocids. They thrive on moist conditions so to get rid of them you must you must keep things dry

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ