Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Carpet Beetle?

Question
Hi Eric,

I found this guy under my top blanket this morning when I woke up. Found a similar little guy sitting on top of my baseboard a couple days ago. Neither was moving when found (though this particular specimen wiggling its legs and antennae a bit after I had enclosed him in clear tape.) This is in Philadelphia, PA. I'm wondering if it's a varied carpet beetle.

If it IS a carpet beetle... I understand you can't tell me whether or not this is the culprit, but can you also tell me if it's in the realm of possibility for an allergic reaction to the hairs of the larvae to resemble bites?

Thank you so much for your time.

Answer
Yona:

If you meant to attach an image with your question, I did not receive it.  Consequently, I cannot help you.

I would assume an allergy to the hairs of carpet beetle larvae would resemble a rash in its expression on the skin; but, you should probably consult an allergist to clarify that.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton